Update: This opportunity is now closed.
Dublin City Council Culture Company is seeking a Head of Operations to help achieve our ambitious aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11 June 2021
The Head of Operations will work alongside the CEO to ensure the efficient management of the business, organisational, operational, legal, governance and HR functions of the Culture Company and its activities. The Head of Operations is a key member of the Culture Company senior management team, will lead the Operations department and work closely with the other departments across the organisation - Creative Engagement; Communications; New Project Development; Visitor Experience and Engagement.
The Head of Operations is responsible for HR, health and safety, accessibility and all administrative functions across the company. The role is supported by a team including contractors, employees and specialist suppliers.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative and project management experience is essential
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a role with a remit that included HR and/ or H&S is essential, and an understanding of the governance of a CLG is desirable
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions is required.
- Proficiency in GSuite is essential
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to work collaboratively to further the work of the company across a number of buildings and programmes
- Ability to plan, organise and lead a project, to work independently, and to work to deadlines, with flexibility around working hours.
- An instinctive ability to think creatively - to try, fail, learn, and try again
Post Title: Head of Operations, Dublin City Council Culture Company
Post Status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), three years, 6 month probationary period.
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Reports to: Chief Executive, Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Key relationships: Senior managers, department leads, venue teams at 14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks, and the financial and administration teams.
Salary: €48,000 gross p.a.
Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements.
Applications must include the following:
- A full CV
- The names and contact details of two referees from previous recent roles
- A letter citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements of the Culture Company
- A one page cover note outlining why you would like to work with the Culture Company
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with “Head of Operations” in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application is Friday 11 June 2021
The information supplied in your application will be reviewed against the requirements set out in this notice by a panel. Dublin City Council Culture Company reserves the right to shortlist applicants and/or call people for an interview. Interviews will be held during the week beginning 5 July 2021, subject to government guidelines these may be online or may be in person. It will not be possible to provide application process feedback to unsuccessful applicants.