We are seeking to recruit a Communications Coordinator to support the work of the Dublin City Council Culture Company Communications Department.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29 September 2021
Reporting to the Head of Communications and working closely with the wider team, the Communications Coordinator will assist with the efficient management of the communications functions of Dublin City Council Culture Company.
A key role in the department you will work to ensure the clear communication of our company’s mission, vision and values across all channels, supporting all marketing, communications and sales activities across the organisation's programmes and buildings.
The Communications Coordinator will help achieve our ambitious aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation. Collaborating with citizens, communities, cultural organisations, businesses, and Dublin City Council itself, our work is focused on embedding cultural experiences and increasing cultural participation throughout Dublin’s neighbourhoods.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-initiative
- Be able to work independently and as part of a small team
- Be able to multitask, remain calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Be able to efficiently and effectively manage external contractors, such as graphic designers, printers, videographers and photographers
- Ability to plan, organise and lead a project, and to work to deadlines, with flexibility around working hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and GSuite is essential, experience with other systems including Ticketsolve (Ticketing), ContentCal (Social Media Scheduling), Zoom Webinars an advantage, Insightly an advantage.
- An interest in culture, heritage and arts, and the provision of cultural services at a local level
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions
- An instinctive ability to think creatively - to try, fail, learn, and try again
Post title: Communications Coordinator Dublin City Council Culture Company
Post status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), 3 years, 6 month probationary period.
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Reports to: Head of Communications
Key relationships: Digital Manager, Communications Manager (Venues), Marketing & Relationship Manager, Visitor Experience team and Engagement team
Salary: €31,200 gross p.a.
Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension Savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements. Applications must include the following:
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees)
- A one-page letter citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements.
- A one page cover note outlining why you would like to work in this role with the Culture Company
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application is Wednesday 29 September 2021.
The information supplied in your application will be reviewed against the requirements set out in this notice by a panel. Dublin City Council Culture Company reserves the right to shortlist applicants and/or call people for an interview. Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 11 October 2021, subject to government guidelines; these may be online or may be in person. It will not be possible to provide application process feedback to unsuccessful applicants.