We are seeking to recruit two Communications Coordinators for the Company - one with responsibility for Programmes, one with responsibility for Venues.
Closing date for applications: Monday 23 May 2022.
Day to day, the communications coordinators will manage and help develop our ambitious targets, helping us to reach out to existing and new audiences of our cultural buildings and programmes.
About the roles
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, Communications and Audience Development and working closely with the wider team, the Communications Coordinator (Venues) and the Communications Coordinator (Programmes) will assist with the efficient management of the communications functions specifically in relation to the venues Dublin City Council Culture Company operates, and the programmes it runs, respectively.
Each role is integral to the communications team. Each role will lead the delivery of the communications, audience development and marketing activities relating to either our buildings (14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks) or Culture Company programmes.
Please view the full descriptions below to see the functions specific to each role.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Be able to efficiently and effectively manage external contractors, such as graphic designers, printers, videographers and photographers
- Ability to plan, organise and lead a project, and to work to deadlines
- Be able to multitask, remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in GSuite and Microsft Office is essential, experience with other systems including Ticketsolve (Ticketing), ContentCal (Social Media Scheduling), Zoom Webinars and Insightly an advantage
- Be able to work independently and as part of a small team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-initiative
- An interest in culture, heritage and arts, and the provision of cultural services at a local level
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions
- An instinctive ability to think creatively - to try, fail, learn, and try again
Post title: Communications Coordinator (Venues) OR Communications Coordinator (Programmes) Dublin City Council Culture Company
Post status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), 3 years, 6 month probationary period.
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Reports to: Head of Marketing, Communications and Audience Development
Key relationships: Digital Manager, Communications Coordinator, Marketing and Relationship Manager, Visitor Experience team and Creative Engagement team
Salary: €31,200 gross p.a.
Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension Savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
The company facilitates working from home suitable to the requirement of the position, this can be discussed further with the successful candidate.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements. Applications must include the following:
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees)
- A two page letter citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification above with reference to why you would like to work in this role with the Culture Company
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with either "Communications Coordinator (Venues)” or "Communications Coordinator (Programmes)" in the subject line.
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application is Monday 23 May 2022.