Update: This opportunity has now closed.
We are seeking to appoint a panel of Engagement Coordinators to help achieve our ambitious aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation.
We are looking for individuals to work with our Engagement team who share our belief in activating and empowering cultural experiences for individuals at a local level. This panel will be key to delivering our engagement and community consultation programmes, and will work closely with our Creative Engagement and Visitor Experience departments and the wider Dublin City Council Culture Company teams.
About the panel
The Engagement team plays a central role in the Culture Company’s work. As an Engagement Coordinator you will help to activate our values throughout your work, connecting with people and communities across the city. Through our public consultation programmes you will listen and learn about what matters to people across the city through informal facilitated conversations. You will help to deliver a number of key programmes for the company including Tea & Chats, Culture Club, Your Tenement Memories and our schools outreach and education programmes.
The Culture Company will appoint a panel of Engagement Coordinators who will be contracted to a project or function within the company via a contract for service.
We would be interested to hear from anyone who can demonstrate the necessary interest, skills, knowledge or experience as per the requirements detailed below. We encourage applications from individuals from varied and diverse backgrounds and experience.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- Evidence of a strong and proven belief in and enthusiasm for activating and empowering cultural and community experiences at a local level.
- Evidence of a minimum of two years relevant or transferable experience.
- A proven track record of successfully coordinating and delivering people-focused consultation or engagement processes (which may include cultural or community projects - or similar).
- Ability to plan, organise, to work independently, and to work to deadlines, with flexibility around working hours.
- A good understanding of GDPR, and its implications for community engagement and consultation.
- Proficient IT skills (including G Suite, CRM, Ticketsolve etc.) or equivalent experience demonstrating the ability to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions.
Panel contract details
- Appointment to the Panel is for a maximum period of 2 years; 1 December 2021 - 30 December 2023.
- Individual projects will be offered based on skills and experience outlined during application. Project offers will include a complete written brief on the specific project and fee offer relevant to the project.
- Panellists have the right to accept or decline project officers as they arise.
- Each individual contract offer will include a time commitment and fee. For clarity, this means that successful panellists may receive project offers that are full-time or part-time for a given period and they may be short-term or long-term in duration.
- The maximum value of a single or combination of Contract for Service offered to anyone on the panel for any given 12 month period will be no more than €24,000 ex VAT.
- No contract will be issued without proof of tax clearance. The award of a Contract for Service for any project does not confer exclusivity.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet the role requirements detailed in the full role specification. Applications must include the following 3 items :
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees who will only be contacted if a contract for service is offered)
- A letter (no more than 2 pages) citing how your specific skills, knowledge and previous experience relate to this role specification and requirements.
- A one page letter outlining why you would like to work with the Culture Company.
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with “Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application has been extended and is now midnight on Monday 15 November 2021.
The information supplied in your application will be reviewed against the role requirements set out in this notice by a panel. Dublin City Council Culture Company reserves the right to short-list candidates for interview. Interviews will be held in person during the week beginning Monday 29 November 2021.