Update: This opportunity is now closed.
We are seeking to recruit a Marketing and Relationships Manager for Dublin City Council Culture Company with special responsibility for promoting our cultural and literary programmes delivered in partnership with Dublin City Council CRES departments.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th October 2020.
The Marketing and Relationships Manager will work specifically on the programmes we make in partnership with our colleagues in Dublin City Council CRES departments including Dublin City Libraries, the Arts Office, and Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane.
The candidate must be flexible, innovative and have a proven track record in the promotion of cultural programming. They will be based at Dublin City Council Culture Company’s head office at 14 Henrietta Street and will have access to work from a hot desk at Cabra Library and/or Pearse Street Library, but must be flexible to work across the city.
The role will focus on promoting programmes and content for the Culture Company developed in partnership with Dublin City Council CRES departments, to strengthen the relationships between Dublin City Council and its partners.
Working across various platforms (print media, digital content, social media etc.) the role will also provide support to our partners, departments in Dublin City Council and colleagues, to develop their skills in the use of social media and digital marketing, and strengthen marketing and communications across our partnership programmes.
About the role
Function and role specification
The Marketing and Relationships Manager will manage the marketing and promotion of cultural activities between the Culture Company and Dublin City Council with particular focus on literary activity. The Marketing and Relationships Manager will pay special attention to social media activity and be responsible for measuring such activity on a quarterly basis.
The Marketing and Relationships Manager must have a proven track record in the promotion of cultural programming. They should have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ideally if they can give examples of previous campaigns where they have demonstrated innovation and a passion for culture.
This is a new post and will provide the candidate with an opportunity to work with colleagues in the Culture Company and across Dublin City Council’s CRES departments.
The Marketing and Relationships Manager will:
- Manage and engage positively with the different stakeholders and partners both within the cultural arena of Dublin, partners of the Culture Company and Dublin City Council, locally and nationally;
- Promote programme content as created by the Culture Company in partnership with Cultural Sections of CRES but with particular responsibility for books and reading;
- Devise a quarterly schedule for marketing and promotion;
- Support other colleagues and partners in creating promotional material (print and digital);
- Responsible for ensuring that branding guidelines/standards are implemented;
- Collaborate across the different programmes and activities of the Culture Company and CRES, working closely with the wider team to develop ideas and projects;
- Deliver a Marketing Plan for the promotion of literature across the city;
- Organise marketing campaigns around cultural programming and initiatives;
- Evaluate marketing programmes and produce an annual report and other reporting as required;
- Work in line with best practice and the Council Culture Company Data Protection, and Health and safety policies and ensure compliance with all financial, contractual, legal procedures.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- A primary degree in relevant discipline and/or a minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience is essential;
- A postgraduate qualification in marketing would be an advantage;
- A knowledge and or expertise in digital marketing;
- Good knowledge of Dublin City Council Culture Company, Dublin City Council and cultural activity in the city;
- Proven experience in devising, implementing and delivering promotional campaigns for cultural programming;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills to include the ability to give presentations/talks to audiences of varying types and sizes, and to facilitate group discussions for cultural programming;
The ideal person will:
- Engage with a wide range of people including colleagues, project partners and the general public;
- Creatively promote interest and engagement in cultural activity;
- Plan, organise and lead a project, to work independently, and to work to deadlines, with flexibility around working hours;
- Prioritise work;
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team.
Important contracting details
Post Title: Marketing and Relationships Manager
Post Status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), two years, 6 month probationary period
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company head office at 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and DCC LIbraries (Cabra Office/Pearse Street) and where required from a home office, in line with government restrictions.
Reports to: Head of Communications Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Key relationships: Communications Team Dublin City Council Culture Company, DCC CRES, DCC Libraries and other programmers and partners of the relevant cultural programmes.
Salary: €39,000 gross p.a.
Pension: A contribution to an agreed pension savings scheme can be agreed.
How to Apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements. Applications must include the following:
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees);
- A letter citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements.
Completed applications should be sent by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing and Relationships Manager in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application is Monday 19th October.
The information supplied in your application will be reviewed against the requirements sent out in this notice by a panel to shortlist applicants and call people for an interview. Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 2nd November 2020. Dublin City Council Culture Company reserves the right to short-list candidates for interview.