Update: This opportunity is now closed.
Dublin City Council Culture Company is seeking a Visitor Experience Coordinator (weekends) to help achieve our aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation through our work.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 8 August 2021.
Working as part of a team at 14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks, and reporting to the Head of Visitor Experience, this role will play a key part in ensuring the smooth day to day running of our weekend activities at our venues.
This role includes weekly on site supervision of 14 Henrietta Street or Richmond Barracks on weekends, providing general administrative support across the venues, and practical operational support to our programmes and departments. Please note that we welcome applications from individuals wishing to work on the basis of 3, 4 or 5 days per week, which must include full days on the weekend days of Saturday and Sunday.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of venue administration, front of house supervision or equivalent experience is essential;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and GSuite is essential, experience of Ticketsolve is desirable;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions;
- An instinctive ability to think creatively - to try, fail, learn, and try again.
Post Title: Visitor Experience Coordinator, Dublin City Council Culture Company
Post Status: Fixed term 2 year contract for a 3 day, 4 day or 5 day a week role with a 6 month probationary period
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, 14 Henrietta Street, D01 HH34, and Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, D08 YY05
Reports to: Head of Visitor Experience, Dublin City Council Culture Company
Key relationships: Visitor Experience team, Operations and programming teams
Salary: Full or part time position as described above. Salary of €31,200 on offer for a full time position. Part-time salary will be on a pro rata basis
Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements.
Applications must include the following:
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees);
- A one-page letter citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements;
- A cover letter to include clarification on whether you are seeking a 3 day, 4 day or 5 day a week position.
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with “Visitor Experience Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application is Sunday, 8 August 2021.
Please note that we welcome applications from individuals wishing to work on the basis of 3, 4 or 5 days per week. This position includes working on weekends.
The information supplied in your application will be reviewed against the requirements set out in this notice by a panel. Dublin City Council Culture Company reserves the right to shortlist applicants and/or call people for an interview. Interviews will be held during the week beginning 23 August 2021, and subject to government guidelines these may be online or in person. It will not be possible to provide application process feedback to unsuccessful applicants.