Dublin City Council Culture Company wishes to create an advisory group to support the development of our work.
If you are willing to give us some of your time to help shape the work that we are doing, please consider expressing your interest in being part of our advisory group.
The group will be asked to provide input into our work in our ongoing engagement programmes and operation of cultural buildings and to work with the Culture Company team to strengthen ideas, make connections and help us to create meaningful cultural experiences for the people of Dublin.
We value people, culture, and place equally. We recognise that everyone is already involved in culture in their own way. We want to activate more and different ways for people to be culturally engaged, and we are looking for people from all walks of life to help and support us to find ways to do this.
The people of Dublin remain at the centre of what we do and to ensure that everyone is represented in the work that we do, we want to hear from a wide range of people with a variety of backgrounds, interests, perspectives and experiences to join our advisory group.
We encourage expressions of interest from people that represent the variety of communities and cultural interests of the city, so if you are involved in community, sport, recreation, the Irish language, the environment, science, heritage, arts or are interested in the work that we do, we would like to hear from you.
We created our first Culture Company advisory group in 2018. Their term has now come to an end, but their contribution, insights, knowledge and the variety of experiences which they brought to the development of our work has been invaluable. We look forward to listening and learning with the members of this new group.
What does being part of the advisory group involve?
The advisory group role is:
- To attend and engage in workshops with our team (no more than 4 in a year).
- To act as a sounding board, providing ideas and reactions to the current programme or projects in development.
- To contribute their experience and expertise, to strengthen the impact and programmes of the Culture Company.
- To provide guidance and ensure that the development and delivery of programmes and public engagement reflects the needs and expectations of the people of Dublin.
- To identify opportunities within their own communities and networks which could be relevant to the Culture Company and its activities.
- To act as an ambassador for the work of the Culture Company and to make new connections for the Culture Company where appropriate.
Term & Meetings
- The advisory group is an informal, voluntary group and does not have the duties of a formal board.
- An advisory group member’s term will run for a period of 2 years.
- Members are invited to attend two to 4 workshop-style meetings annually (the location of meetings will be dependent on public health guidelines, and will be held either online or in a city centre location. They will be roughly two hours, and light refreshments will be provided at in person meetings)
- The Advisory group can propose new members in order to keep the group full of fresh perspectives and evenly balanced in terms of composition.
Please note that Dublin City Council Culture Company is committed to developing policies and practices ensuring that accessibility, Universal Design and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities are taken into account. You can read our Universal Design and Accessibility policy here.
Please note that both the museum at 14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks are Part M access compliant. Reasonable accommodation of access requirements will be made for Advisory group members.
Who is eligible to be part of the advisory group?
Our aim is to include a wide range of perspectives on the group. Individuals expressing and interest in the group should meet the following requirements to be considered eligible should:
- Have knowledge or experience in one of the listed areas of cultural activity through your personal or working life (community, science, the environment, the Irish language, sport, recreation,heritage, arts, or similar.)
- Be resident, or working, in Dublin city.
- Elected representatives, employees of Dublin City Council or individuals employed or contracted to Dublin City Council Culture Company will not be eligible to take part in this advisory group.
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com with ‘Advisory group’ in the subject line.
Deadline for expressions of interest is Wednesday 31st March 2021.