Update: This opportunity is now closed.
We are seeking to recruit an Administration and Operations Coordinator.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 19 May 2022.
Dublin City Council Culture Company is seeking an Administration and Operations Coordinator to help achieve our ambitious aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation.
Working as part of a team, and working closely with and reporting to the Head of Operations, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth day to day running of our offices and buildings, providing general administrative support across the organisation, and practical operational support to our programmes and departments.
About the role
Are you passionate about working with people and do you want to work in a role that directly supports the day to day running of a dynamic cultural organisation that runs historic buildings in Dublin? If so, then we are looking for you!
The Operations Department are the driving force behind the scenes, they are often the invisible magician behind the curtain, helping the other teams within the Dublin City Council Culture Company to deliver their work easily and efficiently. (Please view the role specification below for full details.)
- Minimum of two years of administration, office management or equivalent experience
- Exceptional administrative and organisational skills
- Proficiency across Google Suite (Gmail, G Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Meet, Google Chat) MS Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficient typing skills
- Ability to plan, organise and lead projects, to work independently and to deadlines
- The ability to prioritise workload, multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A suitable qualification in administration or HR is not a requirement, but could be an advantage
- A knowledge of facilities management and health and safety
- Experience in placing orders and procurement
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions
The ideal person for this role will be:
- a dynamic self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with experience in working across a multidisciplinary team and with a wide range of suppliers
- self-confident and can demonstrate a willingness to learn
- a diary management whizz, with the ability to coordinate and schedule as required
- accountable and responsible
- demonstrate a strong resourcefulness, initiative and problem solving
- instinctive with an ability to think creatively - to try, fail, learn, and try again
- willing to work flexibly, including some evening / weekend work if required
Post Title: Administration and Operations Coordinator, Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Post Status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), three years, 6 month probationary period.
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Reports to: Head of Operations, Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Key relationships: All teams across the Company, Company Heads of Department, Venue teams at 14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks, financial administration team.
Salary: €31,200 gross p.a.
Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements. Applications must include the following:
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees).
- A letter (no more than 2 pages) citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements.
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with ”Administration and Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 19 May 2022.