We are seeking to recruit a General Manager (Finance Team).
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15 November 2023.
This is a new role in the company, and we are looking for a passionate candidate who wants to work with us to stabilise and support our teams, and to lead on the continued implementation of our processes and systems in preparation for a period of growth.
The General Manager will have a key role in assisting staff to understand and implement financial controls. They will be required to develop insights and to drive effective processes.
The role requires an ability to problem solve and to show initiative in designing and implementing solutions that are practical and accessible to understand.
About the role:
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing company-wide implementation of our day-to-day financial procedures. They report to the Financial Controller and work as part of the wider Finance team to ensure the company is compliant and efficient in its financial operations.
The General Manager will also assist the Financial Controller in the preparation for the Finance & Audit committee meetings and purchasing procedures, and support the needs of other team members as necessary.
About Dublin City Council Culture Company:
Dublin City Council Culture Company runs cultural initiatives and buildings across the city with, and for, the people of Dublin.
We collaborate with people, communities, cultural organisations, businesses, and Dublin City Council to embed cultural experiences and increase cultural participation throughout Dublin.
Main areas of responsibilities of the General Manager:
Each of these areas will have a Monthly, Quarterly and Year End focus.
Support to Teams
- Dublin City Council Culture Company have robust and practical processes and controls to ensure effective operations, based on our Financial Procedures. The General Manager will manage these processes and procedures, including training and supporting staff.
- Support the Financial Controller in reviewing the effectiveness of the Financial Processes as used by the teams and recommending revisions based on feedback from the users of the processes, the teams
- Working with the Finance and Operations Teams to manage some day-to-day activity including using company accounts, petty cash and staff expenses
- Overseeing or implementing tasks as per the agreed Finance Task List or as requested as a result of reviews to the Financial Procedures of the Company
- Attending the monthly finance meeting and preparing checklists for signature
- Working with the Visitor Experience / Front of House team to manage sales and cash reconciliations system, working with our Ticketsolve Box Office system. This includes ensuring that the income reporting system is complete, adhered to and filed correctly.
- Ensuring that the system of daily cash sheets, the weekly reconciliations and cash lodgements is followed and assist as required
- Working with the wider team to ensure the purchasing procedure is followed, including templates for decision making, following agreed processes and filing paperwork accordingly
- Conducting reviews of the procedures and their implementation and guiding staff in their adherence to them
- Produce monthly, quarterly and year end reports if requested
- Assisting the team in implementation of the financial procedures, systems and processes
Finance & Audit Committee
- Support the Financial Controller in the coordination of F&A meetings, communications with the committee, meeting minutes and reporting of same
- Report to the Financial Controller with timely and accurate information on controls, compliance and process audit issues
- The General Manager will also support and liaise with the Company Secretary on filing of signed accounts, CRO filings, board requirements as they relate to financial systems
General Manager (Finance Team)
Post Status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), three years; a six month probationary period applies. Full time is preferred, but can also facilitate some part time working for anyone completing a related qualification.
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company HQ, 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, D01 HH34 and/or Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8, D08 YY05, with potential to work remotely on occasion, by prior arrangement.
Reports to: Financial Controller, Dublin City Council Culture Company
Key relationships: The rest of the Finance team, Operation and Admin team, the Visitor Services team and the wider company teams cross departmentally.
Salary: Full time salary of €39,000 per annum, prior to reward & recognition
Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
Reward and recognition: All Dublin City Council Culture Company employees participate in the performance review and appraisal process annually. This process measures performance, considers training and development opportunities and is used to determine any reward (pay or annual leave increases) that may be applicable.
Hybrid working: The company facilitates some working from home opportunities suitable to the requirement of the position; this can be discussed further with the successful candidate.
Other benefits: Other Employee benefits include Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Taxsaver Commuter Ticket Scheme for public transport to and from work, access to certified training and opportunities for professional development in your role.
- A minimum of three years of equivalent experience in a relevant role, or similar role in administration, general management, process auditing or compliance
- Good working knowledge of processes, documentation and relevant systems including proficiency with using spreadsheets, G-Suite, MS Office and Sage (or similar)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to engage with a wide range of people and commitment to work collaboratively with a wider team
- Ability to work effectively and independently, understanding what to prioritise and how to delegate effectively to meet deadlines
- Experience in a museum or cultural environment or not-for-profit sector or cultural enterprise or an interest in same
- Working knowledge of ticketing/box office systems (we use Ticketsolve)
How to apply:
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements. Applications must include the following:
- A CV, including the names and contact details of two referees. Note that referees will not be contacted without prior consent.
- A letter citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements and why you are interested in the role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “General Manager” in the subject line.
Closing date for this application is Wednesday 15 November 2023. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
The information supplied in your application will be reviewed against the requirements sent out in this notice by a panel. Dublin City Council Culture Company reserves the right to shortlist applicants and/or call people for an interview. We envisage that any resulting first round interviews will be held during the week beginning 20 November 2023. The interviews will be in the format of competency based questions related to the specific role responsibilities and required criteria outlined within this recruitment process. It will not be possible to provide application process feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Please note that Dublin City Council Culture Company is committed to developing policies and practices ensuring that accessibility, universal design and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities are taken into account. Dublin City Council Culture Company is an equal opportunity employer. Please see our Equal Opportunities Policy here (PDF).
Interviews will take place in an accessible location. Please note that both the museum at 14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks are Part M access compliant, and the offices of Dublin City Council Culture Company in both have limited physical access. Reasonable accommodation of access requirements will be made for successful applicants.
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We keep several kinds of personal data about our prospective employees so we can manage the recruitment process effectively and efficiently and meet our legal obligations. Please see our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants here (PDF).