Update: This opportunity is now closed.
We are seeking to recruit a Venue Coordinator for Richmond Barracks in Inchicore to assist with the smooth operation and development of a thriving cultural hub.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th October 2020.
Dublin City Council Culture Company is seeking a Venue Coordinator to help achieve our aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation at Richmond Barracks. Collaborating with citizens, communities, cultural organisations, businesses, and Dublin City Council itself, the work of the Culture Company is focused on embedding cultural experiences and increasing cultural participation throughout Dublin’s neighbourhoods.
Working as part of a team, and reporting to the Head of Richmond Barracks, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth day to day running of our activities at the venue, providing practical operational support to our programmes and departments.
Richmond Barracks is a neighbourhood hub that celebrates the rich stories and experiences of the local community, past and present. A venue of historical importance located within a vibrant community, the building co-locates a library, workshops and cultural activities, along with a programme of historical tours and talks.
By listening and engaging with visitors, makers, historians, local residents and their families, Richmond Barracks continues to evolve as a community space, informed by the desires and interests of people in the area. We are growing a place where people engage with culture, history and each other.
About the role
Function and role specification
Dublin City Council Culture Company have been operating Richmond Barracks since January 2020 and our aim is that the building will continue to evolve to respond to its users in becoming a valuable cultural space for the local and wider Dublin community.
This role will focus on bringing together the varied uses of the facilities (tours, classes, workshops, library, cafe and venue hire) to ensure the smooth running of the building and to create a welcome space for our visitors and users.
In practical terms this means ensuring that all visitors are welcomed, that events and tours run smoothly, and that the building and facilities are operating efficiently. The venue coordinator will play a central role liaising with the various departments across the wider Culture Company team to ensure that all venue programming and activity is delivered effortlessly.
We are looking for someone with a background in venue operations, with an interest in culture, heritage and the provision of cultural services at a local level, who can bring a strong focus on customer service to this role, and work collaboratively with the wider Culture Company team to create an excellent visitor experience at Richmond Barracks.
This role requires a systematic approach and a can do attitude in relation to facilitating the variety of activity that is planned to take place.
The Venue Coordinator will:
Visitor Experience & Customer Service
- Ensure that all contact with visitors is conducted professionally and in a timely fashion (whether in writing or in person);
- Facilitate the smooth running of the day to day operations at Richmond Barracks for building users and visitors;
- Provide audience reports and visitor feedback as required by the Creative Development or Communications teams as required.
- Act as keyholder and manage the opening and closing procedures at Richmond Barracks;
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance for visitors, artists and facilitators at Richmond Barracks, following the Health and Safety Policy as set out by Dublin City Council Culture Company;
- Accessibility is a cornerstone of our ethos as a company. Working with the Operations Team you will help to ensure that the building and activities at the centre perform to the highest possible standards in terms of accessibility and universal design;
- Work with the conservation suppliers to monitor the condition of the building and organising repairs, reports and similar works as required;
- Supervision of the cleaning and waste removal services on site and the procurement of these services;
- Monitoring and management of all Audio Visual equipment, IT and security systems, issues in the buildings, repair and maintenance, and review of supply and similar;
- Liaising with all service and maintenance providers on site and regarding scheduling/follow ups - ensuring that all inspections and works are carried out in a timely and efficient manner;
- Day to day supervision of any approved small building or maintenance work the sites require.
Event and tour bookings
- Support the Visitor Experience and Creative Engagement teams to upload tours and events to our booking system (Ticketsolve), ensuring they are on sale in a timely fashion;
- Oversee bookings for individuals and groups (by phone, by email, in person) for all tours and events taking place in the building;
- Oversee the ticketing system and liaise with system providers when required;
- Setting up meeting rooms, events and managing venue hires on site as required.
- Ensure that all reporting deemed necessary is provided to Dublin City Council Culture Company, including collating and managing paperwork and upkeep of databases on a regular basis and in a timely fashion;
- Ensure compliance with Company GDPR guidelines across all activities;
- Financial administration including daily cash up and reconciliation;
- Ensure compliance with your contractual obligations, adherence to financial procedures, and specific policies as shared with you by the Company.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- Minimum of 2 years of venue administration and event coordination or equivalent experience is essential
- Ability to plan, organise and lead a project, to work independently, and to work to deadlines, with flexibility around working hours
- Excellent attention to detail, administrative and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and GSuite is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions
- An instinctive ability to think creatively - to try, fail, learn, and try again
Post Title: Venue Coordinator, Richmond Barracks for Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Post Status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), two years, 6 month probationary period.
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Reports to: Head of Richmond Barracks, Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Key relationships: The venue team at Richmond Barracks, operations, financial administration team, venue hire, engagement and programming teams.
Salary: €31,200 gross p.a.
Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements.
Applications must include the following:
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees)
- A letter citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements.
Completed applications should be sent by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with Venue Coordinator in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application is Friday 16th October 2020.
The information supplied in your application will be reviewed against the requirements sent out in this notice by a panel to shortlist applicants and call people for interview. Interviews will be held during the week beginning 26th October 2020. Dublin City Council Culture Company reserves the right to short-list candidates for interview.